Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Mirror of You

I can't imagine how hard it is to see him when you look at yourself.  I can't even begin to imagine living with that for the rest of your life.  A blessing or a curse.
The loss you feel is unbearable, a hole in your heart and soul, a great piece missing from you.  No one will ever understand the absence you feel when the other side is not there to finish a thought, sentence or question.  There's a void, one that will no longer be replaced or given back.  The piece of him that we miss can never measure up to the piece you are missing, and I'm truly sorry for that.  Life is so short and in this case shorter then most, 17 years and for what? It's a missing answer and in our minds why he was taken so young seems so petty.
Looking at you is the mirrored imagine of him, I want to smile because I still have so much of a part of him here, through you, and I want to cry because I will never have his actual presence in front of me again.  I'm torn between laughter and tears, but I will not show you, you have to much to remember and that memory will forever be with you in that mirror.
I want to give you peace, but it's so hard when I haven't found peace for myself.  I miss him too.  All I can say to you is this: Live, "LIVE" for both of you, Live the life he won't be able to, do the things you both talked about, make his dreams and future come true, through You.  YOU can do it, I believe in you.
I don't believe when we die we just leave, I believe that when we die, our pain goes away, we are finely free and we keep living through the ones that loved us.  That's me, but because of encounters I've had along the way with the passings of loved one, I feel when we need them most, somehow in someway they are there, little signs even an apperance, they are there.
Look in the mirror and smile - he will smile back at you and you'll know you're twin is never far away. I love you both very dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment