Monday, October 15, 2012

Nothing Lasts Forever...

Everything must go...
Blown away in the wind...
Wither and wilt...
Everything dies...
Sad and as lonely as that may sound, it's very, very true.
I tend to stay in a world of my own thinking that it always looks like blooming roses, smiles on the faces of the people I love and I push down the loss so I don't feel the full effect.
Don't we all tend to hide behind a mask at some time?  To feel something that really isn't that real?  To make believe there's hope?  I do.
Then at times that reality check comes in and kicks me in the face, lays me out on the concrete and sits on my chest til I can no longer breath and makes me see what's gone.  It's those times that become hard to face, to much to get a grip on, but it's those times that are real and I'm pushed to the limit of having to see them.
Just like anything on this place we call earth, nothing lasts forever, not even us.  There's a saying "All good things must come to an end", all bad things too, everyone, everything, everywhere, it all ends.  Leaves that pit in our stomachs of when will our time come?  Soon or not soon enough.  Time is what we make of it, the good, the bad and everything in between. I will forever love you (at least while I'm still here) it's so easy to say but not always easy to do.  There's more hate and judgement in one's heart, more insecurities and imperfections then the love we should show to ourselves.  It starts here, with me.  So worried about everything that surrounds my world rather then the world that lives inside me, and reality comes and faces me with the truth and reminder that "Nothing LASTS Forever!" 
It's like a rose, it starts out small, the petals closed tight to the world it grows in, then it starts to bloom where it opens up wide for all to see it's beauty, the aroma, the softness, still protected by it's thorns should any uninvited approach.  
Then, like everything, it's petals start to fall, it starts to die, the wind catches them and blows them into the air, to me it resembles, nothing lasts forever, but you will still be around me.  Everything gets blown into the wind.  Symbols seem to have more effect then words, there's a meaning, there's love and there's a bond, a memory that was created and captured and only to you does it represent something true.
Petals and leaves blown in the wind...but to this very day you will forever be in my heart.  A flower bush planted in the yard, since the day you bought that house, a set of long horns, acorns and squirrels, the smell of fresh bread and a leaf or petal of blue. 
True meaning of reality lost but only known to the one that holds them deepest in their own heart...
Me. 
Truly missed, deeply loved and most all never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment