Thursday, October 11, 2018

Taking Chances

Does something come along and all you've ever wanted presents itself?
You hold back, you hesitate, you're guarded, your uncertainty makes you step further back.  You close your eyes, you hold your breath, you freeze, this couldn't be real.
All I've wanted, all I've looked for, all my hopes, my dreams, my fantasies, having it all.  Could I?...
Is that such a thing, having all I've wanted?
Only one thing to do is to take a chance.  Do I open up, do I let you in, do I take a chance?
Hurtful relationships have left me broken, torn, untrusting.  Broken promises over and over, I've heard them all, they have scared my heart and head.  Who am I and what others have wanted has left me unsure about what kind of perfect is wanted.
I am ONLY Me.
That should always be enough, there's a part of me that feels like that with you, but I still stay guarded.  With you, it's everything that scares me, you make me feel, you let me be me and reassure me that's more then enough.  To you I am perfectly imperfect.
I am beautiful, understanding and loving.
The world I imagine with you is everything I could ever want, it scares me to feel that way.  To let my guard down, to give you me, all of me, heart, body and soul.  will you protect all of it?  Is your world real?  Could love me forever?
If I take a chance...
Will you note let me fall?  Will you catch me?
To love you is a chance I'm willing to take.  Please don't break me, the recovery from you would be devastating.  Just take a chance with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment