Sunday, October 14, 2018

Percentages

Everyone has someone in their life that they can confide in, they can share everything with without fear or judgment.  I have you.  
Friend, best friend, confidant, therapist, unconditional love and understanding.
You have a way about you that calms me, sees me, never looks through me, understands and has compassion for my feelings.
I never understand what it is and I never question it, it just comes so naturally, second nature.  You are the person I always run to, one reason is I know you'll never let me fall, you have always been there to catch me, so trust is beyond any words.
My head, the running, bad decisions, bad choices, but through all the madness I always have you. 
Million dollar question...Why are we not together?!
Funny everyone asks...
3% of a 1%er is really not any percentage to make a relationship work.  Time is critical to a relationship, to come home to someone, or to share things after a day of work, to have a weekend or a day to take off and not care about the world, it just stops, it's just the two of us.  We could never get that time of time, so what we have works best for us, we are the best of friends and we will always be there for each other no matter the time.
I look at how I  react to things with others, I look at how I  feel in situations that arise and it's so very different. There's a stress, a jealousy, an uncertainty, a doubt of trust, a broken vow just going in, it's an unfairness at the start, but I don't see that until it starts to destroy what I'm making, what I have.  How is it different?! How can I go in without a clean slate?!  I'm destroyed out of the gate.
Why can't it be what I have with you?!
I don't know...
I don't know...
I wish it was...
I wish everyone had a fighting chance...
Compared to you they don't.
I hold you on such a high pedestal I don't think anyone is capable of reaching.  You and all your glory.   
Something has to change...
Something has to give...
What will be the breaking point of me letting someone else love me as much and as strong as you do?  What?! When?! Who?!
You have trained me so well to be so independent, so diverse, so strong, with you, with myself, but not with others.
When will I be able to shine for someone as bright as I shine for you?
What will it take for someone to see me the way you see me?
Who will be strong enough to love me with their all?
You have put me on a pedestal so high I am untouchable to the normal world, I should feel honored, but sometimes I feel it to be a curse.
I know there is only the best of the best and you are cutting them down one by one, only the strongest survive.  Who will be enough to hold me, in any damaged, broken, falling state?
I know the day will come when you will no longer be able to carry my weight with you, and I can only hope that the one who can will be able to be beyond your expectations and will catch me.
#rideordie #friendsfolife #harleynme

No comments:

Post a Comment